Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Nonsense.

"I worry when I "hear" a difference that can not exist according to theory."

I hate to say it of a person of your intelligence and sophistication, but you are relying on an equivocation. "Hear" can refer to perception, and I have no doubt that you perceive differences under sighted conditions--even I am likely to do so.

However, "hear" can also mean detection based on the sound alone, which can be established by use of controlled blind tests or comparison with thresholds already established by controlled blind testing.

I have to wonder what "theory" would predict differences do not exist--especially since KlausR is talking about the results of scientific testing, not theory.

"Once can has been admitted, denialists must prove does not. This will be hard, since the situation is almost certainly sometimes does. This leaves the large jungle of when, where, and who."

"Denialists" is a straw man. In fact, audible differences among speaker cables has been shown under some circumstances--look of Fred Davis's article, for example. As well, under some circumstances, some audible differences in interconnects is easy enough to show since some cartridges are sensitive to capacitance differences--my preamp even allows me to add capacitance to the phono input.

Why one would want equipment where different interconnects make much difference at line level is another question.

-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.