Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Ah. So anybody who asks you for evidence you imply exists is a skeptic?

""I'm sure you'll agree being binned as a skeptic doesn't require one to be an DBT advocate.""

Around these parts, the term "skeptic" is used disparagingly towards objectivists as an indication of a closed mind, and that is needless. Having some rudimentary knowledge in e/m theory, I always read "white paper content" with an eye towards accuracy of the science. Correction of blatenly inaccurate statements or theories is not skepticism.

""I have always considered you a skeptic. Maybe you're a skeptic and don't realize it.""

Define skeptic. For me, with no supporting information provided, I will indeed be "skeptical" of outrageous claims.. Given supporting information which is clearly incorrect, and my stating such, is not skepticism.

""Do you think I'm not a skeptic?

I'd be skeptical of that claim...:-)

Suppose such a speaker cable test exists and that it supports one side or the other. So what? Do you honestly think that would change any minds?

That would depend on the legitimacy of the test. So far, most tests I read of do not control all the variables, nor even identify them. With no controls, confounders cannot be controlled for, so results are questionable.

I do notice that you have not provided any link to such a test.

""There is a power cord blind test on line from 2004. Maybe that will satisfy someone's hunger for some data. LOL ""

I have yet to see a power cord test of any kind, in situ, which had any scientific validity whatsoever. Primarily, this is because the researchers do not identify any confounders so no attempt is made to control for them. Instead, the cord is considered as a "magic device" with mis or unidentified properties that are alluded to alter the sound.

What should have been done in any PC test is a rigorous analysis of exactly what path the IC signal current takes to return to the source. Nobody considers the fact that within a single ended code compliant system, about 10% of the signal current returns by the IC shield. Coax with a net sectional current is not a shielded cable.

Cheers, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.