Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Some interesting replies.

A model is not sufficient IF it does not explain everything that we see and hear. However, simple models are OK for everyday use. For example: I might say that the Sun rises each morning. This is known and appreciated by many across the world. However, we know that it is not an accurate model, just a convenient one that works most of the time, for the purposes intended.
At another level, we might say that the Earth and the Sun attract each other by the inverse square of the distance between them, and their relative masses. This is sort of true as well, but Einstein might have a slightly better model than this.
It is the same with electronic signal flow in a wire. The convenient models sometimes do not explain why we hear what we hear, so sometimes it is better to look deeper into the more exact models and see it we can correlate them with what we hear. That is why I have looked into more exact models of electron flow.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.