Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: "IF there is an effect that is large enough to be heard (as in altering the acoustic signal entering your ears..."

I had intended to comment on Belt products/concepts when I referenced PEAR publications/experiments. While directionality of wire may be an interesting subject, I did not intend to comment on it.

The way I read the information published since the Giessen group's replication of the earlier PEAR experiment is that, while the 2nd experiment is contradictory, the subject is far from closed. From what I've read, there can be unknown and/or subtle factors at play in these types of experiments including, but not limited to, the "belief bias" of the experimentors. I suspect we'll have to wait for more definitive tests.

See Jeromelang's comments on the audible effect of removing video tapes from his room as that sort of thing represents the type of "Beltian" phenomenon I had in mind

~ Cheers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: "IF there is an effect that is large enough to be heard (as in altering the acoustic signal entering your ears..." - geoffkait 10:40:21 04/19/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.