Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Pat D Uses "Properly Designed" In His Rebuttals, But Now Claims It's ONLY Aczel's Opinion

Pat D, in his typical fashion when called to the carpet to defend his beliefs is starting to back wheeling, back tracking, back peddling, back stabbing, oopps! Even though in previous rebuttals to comments I've made Pat D has specifically mentioned "properly designed" concerning audio components as if that term meant something to him, now Pat D is claiming this term is ONLY Aczel's opinion and if I want to know what it means I need to ask Aczel.

However it's my contention that if a person uses a term in defense of their POV and to argue against anothers, then that term is now one that they've accepted, embraced and now used! That makes it more than simply another's opinion, otherwise why would they use it? Pat D claims he makes up his own mind and doesn't simply follow what Real JJ, Klaus, Clifff, Dan Banquer or Aczel says blindly as I suggested Pat D does. So if that's true shouldn't Pat D be able to defend what "properly designed" is and what makes an audio component such? If Pat D cannot do that how can he intelligently make the comments he does below?

Pat D said: "With 3 foot line level interconnects and 10 foot speaker cables, it's quite a different matter. Show that the differences are sufficient to be audible with properly designed equipment."

Pat D whines that I didn't quote him correctly so here's his version of how it should have been quoted: You didn't give the entire relevant quote. Although I have told you that I do not exempt line level interconnects and speaker cable from LCR effects, you persist in implying that I do, thus creating a Straw Man. In this instance, you neglected to quote the last sentence, "Show that the differences are sufficient to be audible with properly designed equipment." This clearly implies there will be some effects, and the measurements at Audioholics.com show that. You evidently haven't bothered to read the relevant articles there. But under what conditions are the differences audible?

Ok Pat D here's a reference where you've used "properly designed" yourself as a defense of your audio POV and not simply as a reference to Aczel's opinion. So PLEASE defend your usage of the trem and define what "properly designed" is and what makes an audio component such? If it's really your opinion and not just you following the objectivist leader again, you should now what "properly designed" it is and what makes it so!

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.