Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

That may be true, Wellfed,

but I have learned much from discussions generated by tomservo, cheap-Jack, John Curl, and many others, including yourself. At this point, nearly this entire page is nothing more than a spitting match, with one participant sending larger gobs about than others. What have I learned on this page? Well, for one, I learn that May Belt herself uses Ed Meitner's experiments with actual cryogenics as a support for her own use of a "domestic deep freezer," while Posy Rorer insists all around are ignorant because we are all talking cryo and he's talking domestic freezing. This foolishness I'm not interested in. I've also learned through repeated observation that a good percentage of internet-posting audiophiles need at the least a course in good manners, and at the other limit a few strong sessions of anger management.

I think this is very sad. I have always appreciated that you at least attempted to use a repeatable scientifically-based experiment (depite JREF!) to prove that you could hear the chip in action (or not!). This has nothing to do with whether or not I think it works as described: I don't, but the discussion is interesting. What we have going on here now is an arrogance-driven creative writing class. We might as well be writing about crop circles.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.