Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Are we really?

Propeller Head Plaza - Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Tech Square- Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

These forum "guidelines" whether just suggestions or otherwise are easy enough understand.

Does it make sense to go into cable asylum and bewail lamp cord and call people idiots? No. Does is make sense to go into "Tubes" and bewail SS amps and call people idiots? No. Does it make sense to go into Vinyl Asylum and bewail DVD-A and CD and call people idiots? No.

So why is it okay for subjectivists to come into PHP and offer results of COMPARISONS (not experiments) and expect everyone to accept their claims?

I am not saying that these people should be banished from AA, but I do think there are more appropriate places for these topics. Any time someone takes the "I heard it, therefore it is - and THAT is all the proof you're going to GET from me" stance, well there is nowhere to go but down from there.

The value of subjective analysis and sighted comparisons is not in question here. What is in question is the appropriate venue in which to discuss these things without causing all of these needless subjectivist/objectivist wars.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.