Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

sounds interesting, i have had similar experiences to belt

i doubt anyone will publish this on-line (and risked being ridiculed) unless they had done repeated tests on their own system, and on others' system and getting affirmative results each time.

i have long ago noticed that if any part of an audio components is happening to be resting on paper materials (even thin ones) it can have an adverse effect on my systems' sound. you see my company often makes "shelf-talkers" (promotional materials for use at retail stores) to help draw attention to certain features on audio products that we market. these L-shaped paper based materials would often be placed on the front of the shelves where audio products would be placed and displayed, its top being weighted-down by the 2 front footers of that audio component. needless to say, with and without having these shelf-takers, the audio quality is always different. was the change i heard a function of resonance changes? or was it something else too?

in some cases, placing paper materials in close proximity to audio products can have an effect on the sound too. for instance, placing a piece of cardboard between my cd player and power amp cause quite a big change in my system's sound. placing a piece of arcylic material in the same location create another different sound. could it be that electrically inert materials like paper and arcylic are able to influence magnetic fields in proximity to audio components?

the battery experiments i just read on his website is also interesting. since the last couple of months, before i start listening i had been removing batteries from the remote control of my aircon unit in my room. i doubt anyone will be able to hear what i'm hearing in my listening room, but what i do hear is definitely, sonically more pleasurable. the reason why i am doing so is because the remote control has a timer function. and i've discovered that any clocking devices in my room can have an effect on the sound of my system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.