Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

For Austin, clifff, morricab, cheap-Jack, & PatD to skip town and leave the place to idiots like "Clark, Curl, Kait".

(I quote some tw*t of a poster -- fill in your own vowel, I'll leave the gender up for grabs, a la Austin...)

Odd, very odd, the selection of those (us) three to represent the beyond-the-fringe elements who should be avoided by all "scientific" types.

John Curl is a respected designer who has (I believe) a physics degree; at any rate he is conversant with many technical fields outside audio.

Geoff Kait was a senior mathematician with NASA and a satellite system engineer for FAA and DOD.

Clark Johnsen (ahem) has a degree in Applied Physics and over two decades experience in optical engineering and research. Also he is a "Lifetime Member" of the Audio Engineering Society.

One might think that those are the *very sort* of people this forum is intended for -- but no, they are to be shunned. Why? Because their views are seen as UNORTHODOX.

Ossified inmates can't tolerate the limber!

clark

PS And now, a glance at some, ah, scientific utterances from our antagonists (gleaned with just three search words):

Clark, you have to have one of the lowest useful content per # of posts on this forum ...

Posted by morricab ( R ) on March 28, 2007 at 18:03:54

...next to Geoff Kait that is.

Clark, you generally make me want to throw up. -- Phil Tower

Question for phony "physicist" Clark Johnsen. -- andy c

I have just looked up an article by Clark in Positive Feedback in which he attacks scientific thought in order to promote various audiophile products. -- andy 19191

Comments on Kait: Given the way potential audiophile customers think, is being called a crook on James Randi's web page a help or hindrance to the marketing effort? -- andy 19191

Looks like Kait is engaging in more stereotyping. Imagine that. No evidence, just empty words. Not even very elegant ones. -- real jj

Someone said said Clark Johnson doesn't know shit and I said if there's anyone who knows shit, it's Clark Johnson. -- soundmind

When you start out asking technical questions those lights of elucidation and pillars of philanothropy, Jon Risch and John Curl (and, to a lesser extent Clark Johnsen) will be right there to write... BS! -- FairyTale

2 disks with identical data MUST sound the same. -- Jim Austin

And with that blithe, unsubstantiated (and incorrect) assertion, in response to my rather bland post "'Perfect copy.' Hmm..." we now exit the PH archives room.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.