Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Hmm...not quite....

>> Using Pure trial and error, I might design an amp with "corpucelence" as its operating principle...<<

I think I had an amp that used that operating principle. Well, it sounded like it did. "Sony" I think it was. Did you design it?

>>What I am sure you meant is that the talented audio engineer is not afraid to buck the trend, to try something new. He may see the logic in something that others may have missed. Or, as Clark as written, he sees the entire system in his minds eye.<<

Not really. The "pure" in "pure t & r subjectivism" was referring to "subjectivism"; as in "pure subjectivism vs. dbt subjectivism". Engineers like Verneker or Yves Bernard Andre might be a few examples of those who adopt subjective listening to their evaluation process, and discard objective means if they don't produce good subjective results. Both can coexist, contrary to popular opinion here. Of course conservative approaches are necessary in bridges or combustion engineering, but this is audio; different game.

>>I am glad you like my signature! My signature reflects that fact that, 1) I have LOTS of opinions but few beliefs, meaning that opinions are subject to change with new data, 2)certainty is for those that keep their lives VERY simple, ambiguity is the nature of human reality. <<

Well I liked the sig simply because it made me laugh. I agree with 2), and indeed, I find it parallels what is going on all across this forum; the battles between those who keep their lives very simple with 'certainties' about audio, and those who have no problem risking ambiguity.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.