Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Why Isn't The Research Being Done?

Hi AJ,

Yes, by that comment I meant listening to the binaural recording through headphones. I have not listened to them through my Sequence speakers, but when played over other speakers the sound is unimpressive, nearly mono.

I am interested to hear some of latest class-D amplifiers. Some colleagues believe the Hypex UcD designs might yield the best sound of the genre. I do have some of their modules with plans to use them for a dipole woofer plate amplifier. If that goes well, I'd like to hear them full-range. I've read good reviews of the Channel Island Audio monoblocks which are based around the Hypex units.

Unfortunately no progress on an NRT coax speaker - AuraSound has been swamped with many OEM projects. I do want to get to it this year.

As for a dipole coax, a similar concept "dipole point source" has been done before with the Quad ESL-63 electrostatic loudspeaker. It sounded good but has its faults. And any wide dispersion point-source is going to cause floor reflections, so I wouldn't immediately say a dipole coax or point source is the ideal format.

Donald North

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.