Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Prop head

I am amazed at the low level Prop heads has sunk to. As recently as two years ago this site was for Technical chat; an engineers hangout as it were. A place where the the folk who make the equipment could hash out ideas. You know, ideas engineer/artists could relate to.

Now it seems to be just another form of "Outside", with much more heat than light being shed on any given subject.

I don't expect to find talk of "intelligent chips" or special foil or any of the tweak stuff. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE experimenting with strange tweaks because, well, if it is free why the hell not? There is always something new to learn and this IS a hobby. But this is NOT the room for discussion of tweaks; AA has rooms for that. One of them being named, ah...Tweaks? Although, strangely, they seem to be more logically rigorous in the Tweak room than here...

As for the Belts having silly ideas...well, most ideas, whether of science or otherwise, turn out to be wrong or useless in the end anyway. (Sturgeons Law) My advice is, if this is your hobby, to try what you will, based on the reasons you choose, and judge for yourself. If it turns out in the end to be Placebo Effect, well, so be it. I like a good placebo effect, especially if I got it with something that cost nothing but the time I spent playing with it. After all, a hobby IS play for grown-ups!

All of the above is to say that we need to just enjoy the tweaking and goofiness of this hobby...BUT...this room was for technical discussion by Propellor Headed guys, not tweak makers. Hang out at the tweak room if you want to debate various tweaks! I know I like to lurk there. Maybe this room is already dead to its original purpose, and the only people left are those that argue for things not testable or falsifiable. In which case...never mind.

Give Me Ambiguity or Give Me Something Else!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Prop head - rp1@surfnetusa.com 00:02:27 04/10/07 (29)

You can not post to an archived thread.