Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

More Stupidity From POLLYinFLA

POLLYinFLA: This is all too surreal. The closest thing to live unamplified music being 6" plastic cone boxes - has now suddenly decided that this could not possibly be so?

TG1954: GOD Polly the depth of your ignorance seems to know no bounds. Just when I think you cannot possibly say something stupider than you previously did, you do just that by making up a new story to support your warped beliefs! I said the Mastersound was the closest thing to live unamplified music, not the Aliantes. I said the Aliantes are the best 2-way monitors I've heard for $5K and under. My intention was always to replace the Aliantes in the main system. They'll just get downgraded to being used with the Audio Analogue Puccini in the bedroom system.
===================================================================
POLLYinFLA: How pathetic you are. At least admit that your fantasy is over, swallow your pride and get rid of all that crap in your living room. For the money you squandered on those overpriced computer speakers, underpowered music sweetener/eq amp and Dilbert CD player, you could have had a vastly superior audio playback system.

TG1954: Pathetic? Pathetic is someone like yourself who believe the lies he tells and the stories he makes up. The Aliantes are still the best 2-way monitors I've heard in their price range. In fact I'd love to hear them vs your butchered Orions from 50Hz up, sans your dipole woofers. And swallow what pride? I've told you, you arrogant SOB, I've owned original Carver Amazings, Infinity RS2.5s, Fostex FP-1001 & Monsoon Monsoon FPF-1000. I've probably owned more dipoles and for longer periods of time than you have, so why act like you're converting me? This idea has been on the drawing board for some time now. But having lived on disability for years, I have very little extra funds to work with. It took me 4 years to save for the Mastersound. As I stated I've spoken with RBG in private email about these DIY speakers, so you can ask him because I know you won't believe me.
=================================================================
POLLYinFLA: A $300 CD player that YOU could not tell from the Dilbert in a unsighted test, a decent preamp (sure, even a tube one) and a full Orion set up would have been less money than the junk you chose to buy - and 1000X better sounding, even to someone as deluded as you.

TG1954: As you haven't the foggest idea what I paid for the Aliantes how do you know I squandered any money, you don't! Plus the Mastersound Reference will mop the floor with that QSC crap and even your HK Citation amp. As for my BlueNote Stibbert if you can find a $300 piece of crap CDP that sounds as good I'll buy it, but I know you won't. Polly you're good for providing a laugh everytime you post. PS: YOU'RE the deluded one, so sick in fact you don't realize you are sick and you believe all the lies you tell.
====================================================================
POLLYinFLA: Now Mr. Anti-science/anti-measurement is going to build his own copious eq dipole? ROTFLMAO. I can hardly wait to see this result. Measurements don't correlate to sound waves according to you, so this "design" of yours will be extremely entertaining for me to watch unfold.

TG1954: You're a complete idiot. I never said I'm anti-science or anti-measurement YOU did in order to be able to justify your assinine comments. You make up so many stories you're starting to believe your own lies. I don't know how you'll watch my design unfold as you'll never step foot in my home. I very particular with whom I hang out with and trust me it will NEVER be you.
POLLYinFLA: What happened to the RCA? How is the chronic ailment going to allow you to build a dipole but not finish the RCA?

TG1954: Obviously being disabled will cause it to take a lot longer for me than someone who doesn't have back problems like mine. The RCA will be completed as planned. It's a no lose situation I have one of only 100-300 pairs ever made, so they'll only increase in value. I also have pair of Paul Butterfield modified TAD 2001 pre-1990! They're quite desirable and used by Dr Bruce Edgar as well as Nelson Pass and some of his engineers. So I can only watch the RCA's increase in value every passing year. Besides I might prefer them after hearing them, who knows?
POLLYinFLA Been reading Lynn Olson's DIYAudio thread haven't you!! LOL. Tom, you provide me with endless entertainment. Keep it coming, thanx :-).

TG1954: I've read Lynn Olsen for years. A friend of mine makes his Ariel speakers for others. Me? I've been slowly collecting the pieces to make these proto-type speakers. I'm even checking into trademarking a name for the company that will one day produce them. It's entended to hopefully be a commercial product one day, at least that's the idea. But it will be properly designed dipole and NOT require copious amounts of EQ to sound correct, in and of itself. As I've told you I'm not impressed with the Monsoons which are in my home theater. "IF" my DIY design turns out as good as I hope, then maybe they'll be marketable, if not they'll replace the Monsoons and I'll chalk it up as a learning experience.

Just keep providing more idiotic replies Polly, I can always use another good laugh.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • More Stupidity From POLLYinFLA - thetubeguy1954 10:16:04 04/09/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.