Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

What you heard

Was the result of the scientific method applied to a speaker system intended to sound as good as possible within a given paradigm. Not sell good (it won't). Not look good (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I've seen what I consider to be much better looking speakers than my jazzed up version).
It will remain an enigma, because most audiophiles (just look at the systems listed here) are more interested in what looks cool, or is blessed by some higher authority or simply need highly colored reproduction to fit some version of reality in which they exist.
That said, glad you like them. They are not for everyone, obviously.
Especially those convinced that a 0.0025 watt tube amp connected to a 100db fullrange (+/_ 20db variation to that average) or small plastic cone bookshelf, represents some type of audio nirvana indistinguishable from live music.
They should play loud enough in a living room for the majority, but some may crave even greater peak capability (115db+) which is horn or line array territory, each of which have there own more numerous problems than something like the Orion platform.
Best of luck selling the guitars.

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.