Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Pardon me, But You're Distorting The Truth Once Again.

Pat D-Cake,

As usual when you cannot outright when a debate with me you resort to twisting reality into your warped view of it. I guess I should expect it by now. So let's look through you're twisting of the truth into what you want it to be, shall we?
===================================================================
Pat D-Cake: I pointed out that you engaged in name-calling, using terms like "irrational objectivists," "irrational subjectivists," and "lunatic fringe objectivists." I have pointed out that engaging in such name calling is not conducive to rational conversation about facilating discussion.

TG1954: Just calling it like I see it Pat D-Cake IMHO you're a completely irrational, lunatic-fringe objectivist who cannot think for himself and simply follows what & who you believe is the most intelligently posting objectivist at any given time. It used to be Real JJ, now it appears to be Klaus. Now you can whine about that all you want to but that's my honest opinion of you, period! To me you try to come off as this highly intelligent philosopher and great debater. But the nature of your posts illustrates perfectly you usually resort obfuscation in an effort to obscure the truth, and then hijack the thread to a path you want the arguement to take. This is precisely the type of thing a lunatic-fringe, irrational objectivist would do! This should be the motto for you, Polly and those who cling to your misguided beliefs: "If you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with bullshit."
==================================================================
Pat D-Cake: My wife laughed when I told her you compared this to be called "tubey," which is simply a diminutive of your moniker.

TG1954: Pat D-Cake do you honestly think I gave a rat's ass what your wife thinks? Did you know that a nickname is a short, clever, cute, derogatory or otherwise substitute name for a person or thing's real name. A nickname is sometimes considered desirable, symbolising a form of acceptance, but can often be a form of ridicule. "Pat D-Cake" is simply a augmentative of your moniker too! Does your wife pick out your audio equipment and hears night & day differences in her deaf ear as well? I suppose now you can go home and tell your wife that big, mean subjectivist called me lunatic-fringe, irrational objectivist! My wife and I also laugh about you and your lame attempts at always being correct and desperately needing to have the last word too. So what does that mean?
Pat D-Cake: For a long time, you have called me by a childish nickname, but I have not complained about it. After all, it is counterproductive because everyone can easily see that you are venting your spleen.

TG1954: Yeah and you're two-faced and talk out your ass, now what? For a long time you've questioned my intelligence, criticed my grammer etc. One is no worse than the other. I call you by childish names because you act like a child. If you continue to act like a child that's how I'll continue to treat you. You're obsessed with me and the need to comment about almost everything I post. You then take your obsession and try to say it's me who's obsessed, when it's clearly YOU & POLLY who are obsessed with me. Besides this you constantly twist the truth, and do almost everything except act like a rational man. I simply have no respect for you or your opinions. Notice how I treat Tom Danley and Jneutron? They're both objectivists who disagree with me, but they act like adults not children, like you and polly do. Hence I don't call them names and communicate intelligently with them. Anything you get you deserve Pat D-Cake. You want different results? Act differently, but I think you're as incapable of acting differently as you're incapable from refraining to have the last word all the time!
Pat D-Cake: You are the one who has complained about being called "tubey," but when you call me by a nickname, you thereby give permission for me to call you by a nickname, and "tubey" is quite inocuous. It's like using a given name.

TG1954: GOD you're so lame. Don't you the difference between complaining and talking about a topic, do you? I specifically stated: "That said you can call me Tubey or whatever else you like. I'm not so easily offended or angered as you and POLLYinFLA like to insinuate. I'm only attempting to show you, you cannot or at least should not complain about something, you yourself do." That's not complaining, what you do is whining and complaining. What I did was explain my POV on a different topic you raised within a thread and then told you do what you will. Now go home and cry to your wife about that too!
==================================================================
TG1954 - "I believe even you're intelligent enough to realize whether a nickname is good or bad is not up to the person creating the nickname, but that decision lies with the person receiving it!"

Pat D-Cake Who says? To leave this solely up to the judgment of the recipient doesn't work: it's a defective principle. Some people are too sensitive and it's open to abuse.

TG1954 - Who says? I and just about every other rational, intelligent person. It's your judgement that's defective, not my statement. Try walking into a group of African-Americans and shout out the N-word. Now when they get angry tell them they're too senstive! Yet they commonly use that same word amongst themselves. So it should be readily apparent that whether a nickname is good or bad is not up to the person creating the nickname, but that decision lies with the person receiving it! Or take the previous example I gave you and go into a Little Italy and shout out WOP! Then tell them they're too sensitive too. As I told you before All it stands for is (Without Papers) yet to my father who was born in Sicily it's extremely offensive, to me it's not. Besides who are you to determine who's being too sensitive and who isn't?
Pat D-Cake: For example, an acquaintance politely complimented a colleague on her dress and she filed a sexual harrassment complaint. He was told to attend a sensitivity session. On the other hand, Your father had a good reason to be offended. Colored people have a good reason for objecting to being called the N-word.

TG1954: Once again who the hell is Pat D-Cake to decide who is and isn't too sensitive? The very fact that you're acquaintance had to take a sensitivity class shows most rational, intelligent people agree with my statement. Even you agree that my father had a good reason to be offended. Why isn't my father being too sensitive when I or some of his older brothers aren't offended? Or what about african-americans ("colored people" is actually quite offensive to most african-americans these days Pat D-Cake) Why do believe they have a good reason for objecting to being called the N-word, especially when they use it quite a bit of the time themselves? Obviously it cannot be just the N-word itself that's offensive to them, otherwise african-americans would be offened when other african-americans used the N-word. Why aren't they just being too sensitive? So you see this illustrates my point that it is NOT up to the person creating the nickname, but that decision lies with the person receiving it to deteremine if it's good or bad.
=================================================================
Pat D-Cake: In analogous matter, you feel your are insulted by the statement that you think you can hear differences between your different interconnects and speaker cables but have not proved you can. Now, I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's true that you have not proved you can.

TG1954: Pat D-Cake you're so desperate to appear correct at all costs you're now comparing apples to oranges. This analogy isn't appropriate. Name calling and disagreeing with someone's opinion are completely seperate and different issues! This comes from a man who claims he knows how to intelligent debate/discuss/argue a POV? It's just not even worth addressing it's such an assinine anology.

I will address this though: I did originally find it insulting that you wouldn't accept my word. In my mind that's no different than insinuating I'm lying. That's said I've since learned you're one of the quite vocal, minority of irrational, lunatic-fringe objectivists here at PHP. Up till then I'd never actually met anyone who held such distorted views like you do and then defended them so vehemently. Add to that your obsession with almost everything I say, your need to always be correct (even when you're wrong) and your inability to refrain from having the last word, and now what I once found insulting I now find to be laughable.

I know you want and need to believe that I cannot nor have I proven I can hear differences between your different interconnects and speaker cables. You have to believe that or else you'd be admitting that you deliberately prevent your system from sounding it's best by using that 16 AWG Canadian Tire Corporation Speaker Wire, about 19 feet for the left channel. 12 AWG Angstrom cable , about 23 feet for the right channel, various interconnects, some freebies, some from Radio Shack or Walmart. I've proven more than once I can detect differences in wires, I'm sorry you feel differently, but that's your loss as evidenced by what you use for wires. It's true that I have proved I can and NOTHING you say will change that fact!

I can see that once again we've reached the point where you'll continue on desperately needing to be correct and striving to have the last word. When you get like this there's no possible way to have an intelligent conversation with you. You're next move after this is to start continually twisting the truth and then move on to outright ly#*@, which you'll once again deny doing, but which has been proven more than once to be true. So I'm going to stop wasting my time on this subject with you. As I've stated numerous times you have absolutely NOTHING of value to offer me. So go ahead, have the last word, thump your chest like an ape and feel like you've won the arguement, but at the very least don't lie to yourself. Simply realize you've won nothing, but have succeeded in wearing me down. Talking with you is no different than talking to a head of cabbage. To continue is a waste of my time I have better things to do than repeat the same thing over & over again to you....

Pat D-Cake, Pat D-Cake faker man,
Create an excuse as fast as you can.
Roll it, pat it, mark it with a B (for Bullsh!t)
Post on PHP for Polly and thee.

Bye, bye either make like nature & hide or go waste someone else's time.

Thetubeguy1954

"If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part." Richard Feynman theoretical physicist, 1918-1988

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Pardon me, But You're Distorting The Truth Once Again. - thetubeguy1954 10:37:33 04/05/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.