Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

You give me an bad nickname, so I gave you a nice one, O Tubed One.

Quit whining. I don't much mind that you make up your own nickname for me which is vaguely pejorative. I think anyone around can see it just represents your angry spleen. Tubey, on the other hand, is simply a diminutive, which implies nothing pejorative.

TG54
"to raise a topic from a neutral postion, by calling both objectivists & subjectivists unrational or irrational as you prefer."

Ummm . . . engaging in such name-calling does not conduce to reasonable discussion. Besides, such prejoratives not only don't solve anything, they raise all sort of questions as to just what you mean and how to identify those belonging to each category and you fail to specify. Moreover, it's simply argumentem ad hominem and fail to provide any way of answering any audio questions.

TG54
"Or do you honestly believe today's accepted audio measurements are the ones that are typically not used? Can you imagine that? One scientist looks at another and says "These are today's accepted audio measurements, but typically we don't use them! Typically we use other non-accepted measurements!" "

Actually, I have asked for a list of examples of what you think "today's accepted audio measurements" are, at least some examples. I expect sensible scientists would do the same before they attempted to evaluate them. It seems you take this vague, undefined set of words to be meaningful. I've just been hoping you would get down to specifics as discussion went on, a natural enough expectation. Since you have consistently failed to do so, I've asked you to provide examples, to tell us what you mean instead of just giving us a tautology, but so far you haven't mentioned anything but THD, which I did comment on.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts."----Sherlock Holmes in The Second Stain.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.