Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

The topic is about dedicated powerlines not transformers.

Hi.

First off, do you know why dedicated powerlines with ISOLATED saftely ground are recommanded, which have decades long history of application in computer & digital electronic industries?

FYI, it provides a significant amount of wiring impedance btween the critical circuit (here our audio powerline) & other local powerlines to stop disturbances from other loads, digital or anologue, entering the critical circuit.

I verified this unnoticed EMI/RFI noises disturbances by measuring
them with a wideband powerline & EMI noise analyser on a powerline strip with a CD player hooked up to it. The noise level jumped up whenever the CD player was swithced ON !!!!!! How about those so many computers being used in the same location, residence or busiess alike?

This hinted me to have get dedicated powerlines direct from my house fuse panel exclusively for my analogue audio equipment SEPARATED from digital equipment.

I need less than 300VA with one of my power amps playing. So how many KVA powerline transformer should I use, please tell me?

I never question ahout the theoretical function of a balanced powerline transformer, but I only concern if it does impair the sound or not. I had bad experience with mine.

Let's get back to the topic. How you can be so sure ALL building wires use "virgin" copper. I already asked one of the largest cable mills with in-plant copper smetlters in USA, I was told for building wires they build mostly used recyled copper (re-smelted in-plant). They supply tons & tons of building wires to the leading hardware stores all over USA & Canada.

Have you ever compared the sonics of powerline wires. I did. Being
installed OUTSIDE of the house wall structure, no building wires in metal conduits are needed. Now we can have choice to use the best sounding power cables, with oxygen free high conductivity copper with UL/CSA rating.

FYI, I only use 4N silver & silver plated OFHC conductors in teflons for signal paths in my amps although my power cords are all 4N silvers.

c-J

PS: how are you so sure balanced transformer are really so practically balanced?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.