Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Guess we can't...

So...

You think I should only buy Mappa blocks if I also buy the explanation? I tend to agree. That's why I was a late adopter of the view that cables can be important, too many bogus explanations. But they can be, far more so than one would think and I rather wish I had become a "believer" sooner.

Do similar amplifiers sound differently? Well I know that they certainly can, which of course doesn't mean that they must. The last time I updated my power amp was about 15 years ago and I tried several similar models. I was shocked at how much obvious variation there was amongst them even though they were all solid state models with similar specifications, power and price. Granted, my speakers in those days had a pretty complex input impedance...

So I know that amplifiers CAN make a substantial difference and that cables CAN make a substantial difference in my home listening enjoyment. But that doesn't mean that they must.

I think the point that you were making in your original post was simply that one can't argue with closed minds of any stripe. Amen. They are, as you put it, "unrational". Which I find a pleasing word by the way, perhaps a synonym would be arational. Not just someone who is not thinking clearly, but rather someone who doesn't believe in it.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Guess we can't... - rick_m 09:42:15 03/30/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.