Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: How Do We Have A Technical Conversation When We Have So Many Vocal Unrational Objectivists & Unrational Subjectivist

Hello Kerr,

I don't feel like you hijacked the thread. I believe most objectivists & subjectivists are rational. Unfortunately it's the quite vocal minority of unrational ones in both groups that cause most of the dissention between us. For example: I have to admit I was a bit surprised that rick_m objected to my Mappa Wood as being refered to as an unrational tweak when I completely made it & it's explinantion up! Of course it comes as absolutely no surprise that Clifffff believes ---I'm at it again--- because I said: The unrational objectivist like Peter Aczel preaches his religous dogma via statements like "...a "properly designed" amplifier has no sound of its own. Goes to show even an idiot like Aczel has his devotees. But of course Cliffff is the same guy who recently claimed he doesn't read any of my posts, just my subject heading. Yet here he is somehow able to quote from my post! That's quite interesting, no? Even when I try to ride the middle ground and not take sides I'm criticized!

I think you hit it on the head when you said "rational subjectivists" show a healthy skepticism for a lot of the tweakier items out there but that trust in their ears, while "rational objectivists" believe in measurements but also know that science cannot explain everything.

Thetubeguy1954

"If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part.” Richard Feynman theoretical physicist, 1918-1988

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.