Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Guess we can't...

Rick,

FYI the example of the Mappa Wood was something I made up. I did it because I consider Peter Aczel's statement to be that of an unrational objectivist and I needed an example of something I though would represent an unrational subjectivist statement. At the same time I didn't wish to berate or disparage any manufactuer's products without having actually tried them. So I made up a quasi-scientific sounding explinantion of why the Mappa Wood worked that really meant NOTHING!

I've stated many times before here on PHP I am personally skeptical of any tweak that does not have a reasonable explination of why it might work. I believe a rational subjectivist believes there are scientific reasons for what we hear. If you've read any of my previous posts or had you asked me BEFORE assuming what I do or don't believe I would have told you that. I NEVER said a block of wood might not effect how a system sounds, but I am skeptical that it would and therefore will reserve final judgement until it's been proven to me that it works. I'm kind of funny that way. I don't like to spend my hard earned $$$$$ on things that "might" work. I'd rather do something that WILL make a difference like doing some room treatments. You of course can buy all the Mappa Wood you want to, that is, "if" you feel my quasi-scientific explinantion of why it works made sense to you!

Thetubeguy1954

"If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part." Richard Feynman theoretical physicist, 1918-1988

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.