Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Really, read the posts at the beginning of the thread

The resulting sound will be less satisfactory, but that is because the source component was not a good match to the amplifier, not because the amplifier is somehow more nonlinear

You are obviously a lot more confused that I am, I clearly stated in a preceeding post on this thread that I was interested in "frequency non-linearity as a result of high output impedance and/or low input impedance."

Frequency nonlinearity is affected by the input and output impedances under specific circumstances not as a result of the amplifier's inherent nonlinearity (I never stated otherwise) but as result of intereaction between the amplfier in question and other devices, so your text is convoluted and rather pointless in respect of the original point.

If the input impedance is low wrt the output impedance of the preceeding, the voltage developed across the inputs may be less than optimal as the preceeding component struggles to source enough current (i.e. what you refer to as overloading) to permit sufficient voltage across the amplifier inputs to enable optimal peformance of the amplifier. Nevertheless, Even if the preceeding device sources sufficient current to permit sufficient voltage across the amplifier inputs, there will still be modifications to the amplfier's frequency response as result of impedance interaction between both devices owing to Ohm's law.

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.