Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Did you listen before you measure the amps or vise vera ?

Hi.

To play a fair game, i.e. without any prior sub-conscious bias based on the measurement, I think it is crucial to first listen before you measure so that whatever measured out would serves as a sorta third party guideline to approve or disprove what you've found subjectively.

Likewise, when I walk into an audio boutique or an audio shows, I would sit down for a few minutes to listen without any questioning.
If the sound was good, then I would start for serious audition tests with my own test CDs & then start to ask questions whatever equipment were being played.

Without looking at your THD spectrum analysis in detail, the figures you quoted look pretty even in decending orders, suggesting pretty good sounding.

But it is only one watt O/P at 1KHz where any decently built audio amps, SS or tube, PP or SE irrespective, should sound good & be measured good.

I think what makes the sonic difference is where any audio amp starts to clip or overloaded. Does Cheever's TAD cover this clipping
criteria?

c-J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.