Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

"but I would definitely like to avoid any notoriety at least until after this event." Too late :-)

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=37581

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=1029878&postcount=1113

One Example of Contradictions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by Wellfed
Do you have evidence of me contradicting myself?
Sir,
You do contradict yourself. Here's an hour's research on just your commitment to do a DBT. In particular, I note that you used the volunteer resources of the Forum Members to development your DBT protocol and then never used that protocol.

Regards,
Gulliver

The evidence:

Quote:
Originally posted by edthedoc 03-30-2005 04:38 AM, Page 5 of Audio Critic Thread
Wellfed, it would be so easy for you to do a simple double blind trial in the comfort of your own home. It would save everyone a lot of time, and you a lot of embarrassment. Please think about doing this before you go any further.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wellfed 03-24-2005 11:14 AM, Page 5 of Audio Critic Thread, quoting and referring to edthedoc’s post above
Thanks, now that I have a methodology I will do just that. I have to wait for another GSIC to arrive which will happen early next week.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wellfed 03-30-2005 09:55 PM, Page 5
For those interested, I will definitely have performed some type of DBT with the GSIC by April 10.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wellfed 03-31-2005 04:35 PM, Page 6
I will be doing my own DBT sometime next week, presumably on the weekend, and will report my results on Monday April 11th, or sooner. At that time I will be in contact with the recommended local observer to set up a test for August 2005

Quote:
Originally posted by Wellfed 04-04-2005 10:32 AM, Page 8
On another note, as you know I plan to do some blind testing on myself this coming weekend. This presupposes to some degree assistance from family members. Since they have little patience for my audiophile pursuits can you give me any suggestions for testing myself with minimal assistance by others? My intent is to return with the results of my own test on Monday, April 11th. I don't have the luxury of multiple GSIC's to work with. I have one unspent chip along with two spent devices.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wellfed, 04-09-2005 02:28 PM, Page 10
Due to the turmoil of recent events I have decided to postpone the self-testing I proposed for this weekend. I have found that the agitation of mind has become so great at this time as to disallow for a valid result. View the complete record regarding my claim if you are curious as to why I would choose the following course.

I am going to take a few weeks off and then, with the assistance of Steve Eddy, submit to testing in a valid and fair environment, free of distraction and contention. I will be submitting a protocol proposal to Kramer by midweek as originally planned. I have no plans to view JREF Forum content until the testing with Steve Eddy has been completed.

Cluck cluck cluck cluck, waffle waffle waffle.

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.