Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Clueless in Switzerland

I AM TALKING ABOUT RESIDUAL NOISE YOU IDIOT!! I know very well what S/N ratio is it is part of basic training for analytical chemistry and used constantly in analytical spectroscopy for determining the LOD of a substance and that is not what I am talking about. It doesn't matter if the data is mass spec or audio data, same same. GOD, why do you insist on being obtuse to try to make points??

As to S/N, the measurements I have seen for a 1Khz sine wave at 1 watt show the noise floor at -125db above 1Khz for the distortion spectrum. The power supply noise is all lower than -90db. At 10 watts the noise floor was -130db where the harmonics are present and the power supply still at -90db or better.

"In addition your Apogees are very inefficent so residual noise will not be as audible as S/N"

Did you hear me talking about the noise on my F(*?ing Apogees? I mentioned the review where they used Avantegarde Duo Horn speakers (103 db/watt) and heard nothing. I personally have put the big brother of that amp on my friend's Wilson X1 Grand Slaam speakers, which are 95 db/watt and heard NOTHING, no hiss, no hum, nada. Got it yet, Dano?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.