Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: silly argument

>?? Also true of

Sticking fingers in 230V socket
Jumping off high building
Leaping into lion's den
<

A matter of degree only. As a child, I was burned when I got a shock from an electric radio (I also learned that unplugged electronics can still carry voltage!), most kids have fallen off something high and many people have been bitten by dogs or scratched by cats, or know someone who has. The point is that you learn this by experience. What you learn by reading (or by other non-experiential means) is a belief. That doesn't mean much of it isn't reality - but some of it may not be.

So it is with audio. If you are an objectivist, the chances are good that you have little or no experience comparing (by listening) that which you believe can make no difference. You believe this because you believe it, not because you know it. Opening one's mind doesn't mean accepting every little claim - rather it means that you decide to experiment for yourself. Or your mind is closed, the same as my mind is closed to certain things. But it's still only a belief.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.