Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: I guess I don't get it.

It's a funny story. Over at AH, there was a discussion of biwiring. I produced an analysis which confirms that biwiring alters the dissipation loss in the wires in a not so obvious way...it changes the instantaneous loss, but not the RMS.

Gene asked Jim Leseuf to review the hogwash I was spewin. So that page I linked to was his response.

Unfortunately, Jim read through my analysis too fast, and missed the salient issue. So in effect, he constructed a strawman argument and provided a rather accurate analysis to refute his strawman. Which was not my argument. In point of fact, I stated within my posts somewhere, that the construct he used (a single wire feeding a single load) removed the dissipation modulation, which is the biwire benefit..A good analysis, but not of what I stated.

I believe what Jim did was unintentional, from what I see of his website, he is a class act.

I've e-mailed him to discuss the issue, but no response yet...it's only been one day..he probably has a life..:-)

Cheers, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I guess I don't get it. - jneutron 07:15:00 03/09/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.