Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I guess I don't get it.

Basing my judgement on our past conversations on this forum it is obvious too me I am missing something here. For crying out loud you called me on some Maxwell current/magnetic thing IIR that I was slightly off on a while back, meaning your pretty much what I would consider "cable guy" in the extreme.

Here I go anyway. It's kinda like a disease or something...

Nice analysis but where is at least a series inductor? I think there is pretty clear evidence suggesting that the inductor/s can have ~ some audible effect depending on length to the especially sensitive, and seems to roll off upper audio band signals pretty obviously on measurements. I think the point is biwiring is going to get you more conductor material which parallels the R and the L. Of course it is silly to think that having parallel conductors is somehow better than just putting all the effort into one big cable that has the same amount of conductor material as the paralleled conductors of choice.

Now I'm probably a little too deaf so I'll have to defer to higher quality ear setups than mine for the effects of the typical parasitic capacitance/s on my speaker cords sound quality though. It may be that it matters less for me since I route my speaker wires near the wall/ceiling junction using plastic hangers and am guessing am scarcely able too couple to any of the fairly distant EM conductors by any of the capacitive elements present other than of course the return conductor....unless plasterboard and wooden house framing is a concern?!?!? Doh! just remembered the framing and drywall nails. I hope the contractor way back in '62 that built this place used a high quality dielectric nail. hahah

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.