Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Sorry, that was an inside joke between my good friend and neighbor TG54 and I

Tre - You missed it.

Missed what? I still see no example being offered, by you, of 2 components measuring the same but sounding different. Can you cite this real life example, or did you simply imagine it?

Tre - JH is the God of you science types.

He is? Wow, I wish I knew that, being agnostic and all. So if I'm a "science type", does that make you a "non-science" type? "anti-science" type? "Selective science type"? Do you drive a car? Fly in planes? Use a computer?
Hmmmm.

He, dead now, for years claimed that amps that measures the same, sound the same. On Peter's show he admitted that the he did not pay attention to the "small differences" admitting they exist but beyond his scope.

I'm not quite sure what this has to do with you presenting 2 components that measure the same but sound different. Again, is this something you read, or do can you cite a real example for scrutiny?

Tre - And what does my system have to do with anything? We were not talking about my system, were we?
What does my system have to do with systems that measure the same sounding the same?

Nothing. I saw your speakers on your website and asked the following:

AJ - BTW, your site has no mention of the XO details for your JBL/Morel. Can you shed some light on this? What XO frequency for the Tweeter/mid. I can't see the Morel going low enough to match the directivity of the mid unless output levels were severely restricted.
A 5" diameter cone should be getting directional about 900hz or so.
Any off axis measurements?

I'm a speaker builder and was interested. Perhaps you found the questions offensive or they somehow made you uncomfortable? My apologies. No offense intended, just curiosity. Nice drivers overall IMHO, but XO is the glue that holds it all together.

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.