Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: They are not subjectives.

"I thought we were discussion measuring the loss of resolution,"

WE ARE!! And I would posit that you have not mentioned yet how measuring let alone clearly defining what is meant by loss of resolution can be accomplished. Now you say that Behringer whipped up some software to do just that? Name of the device they sell, please that does this (if you point me to a distortion box I don't whether to laugh or cry).

"Engineered dynamic compression/expansion takes place under real music conditions."

We are not talking about electronic purposeful solutions for making compression or expansion. It is well known that these things have existed for a long time. We are talking about getting accurate measurements from the intrinsic behavior of a driver under real music conditions. These are two completely different things and I hope you can see this.

My position is more valid because you are the one claiming its measurable and I am claiming that the determination under real world and not static conditions is not available. Since you can't or won't provide an example of how this might be done then my position is clearly stronger.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: They are not subjectives. - morricab 15:43:01 03/08/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.