Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Sorry, That Was Another Pathetic Attempt At A Joke By POLLYinFLA

Hi Kerr,

That's interesting to know your harmonica playing friend equates his instrument to the human voice. I've found, and I'm curious if others here will agree with this statement, that the harmonica is a very difficult acoustic instrument to get to truly sound correct.

Kerr I don't know if you know who Howard Levy is but he's an incredible harmonica player. In Howard's hands the harmonica truly becomes an beautiful instrument. I'm having a brain fart right now because I cannot remember which song it is by him that I use to voice harmonicas. IIRC it's his version of Walking In Memphis on the CD Discovery by John Tesh that's incredible! Howard also plays a duet with Nelson Rangell on flute that I use to voice a system due to the complexity of the smooth, breathy sound of the flute accompanied by the raspy, woody yet also breathy sound of the harmonica. By breathy I mean the way you hear the wind blow through each instrument as they're being played.

As far as the next time I trek up to Indiana, I appreciate your invite to stop in and listen. I just cannot fathom the circumstances that would occur to possibly get me in a car with that pompous prick POLLYinFLA! Sorry Polly but this time you don't get a cracker. Seeing you for who you are i.e., a "man" who gets his enjoyment via ridiculing others and who'd rather provoke than intelligently discuss a topic, doesn't mean I'm angry when I call you what I know you are. At the same time it also means you're no one I'd care to ever know personally either.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.