Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Why They're Long!

POLLYinFLA,

It's hard when talking to a bird brain like yourself to do so but I'll attempt to keep this brief.

POLLYinFLA said: Tom you really need to condense your thoughts a bit to avoid these rambling diatribes that, while they do amuse me, make for a bit more arduous reading of your incoherence.

The reasons my posts are so loooooonnnggg is I have to explain in great detail to a bird-brain like you, things others would automatically understand. As an excellent example of this I'll refer to the post where you said in reference to me talking about the Mastersound sounding more like live unamplified music than any other amp I've heard. "...He almost never states whether it has to be connected to speakers, as if that would have any relevance :-)."
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/prophead/messages/29556.html

As I explained to Tre' I apparently gave (YOU) old bird-brain credit for having too much intelligence. Sorry but I assumed the audiophiles/music lovers here at PHP would realize that I could not make the statement that an integrated amp like the Mastersound, produces the closest replication of live, unamplified music I've ever heard. Unless it was being used as intended. I almost never state it is connected to speakers, NOT because that doesn't have any relevance, but rather because I credited most readers with understanding it would have to be to make my statement :^)

So PLEASE POLLYinFLA don't blame for trying to make the things I say understandable to an idiot like yourself.
====================================================================
Instead of addressing your many attempts to provoke me. I'm simply going to make a few comments:

1) Only an idiot like yourself would comment on the sound qualities of an audio system comprised of components he hasn't heard! If you'll notice I seldom if ever make comments about components I haven't heard and if I do I'll state that I've not heard that particular component, but if it's anything like this other component the manufacturer makes that I have heard, like I did when I talked about the Behringer crap. I ONLY commented on what I actually heard the DSP8024.

2) YES! I know anyone actually familiar with live unamplified music, like myself you plays acoustic guitar (what it's serial # so you can verify the validity of my statement?) would apon hearing my system say it does sound very much like live unamplified music. Not EXACTLY like live unamplified music because no system does, but it has many of the traits & characteristics of live unamplified music that are important to me. My friend the professional recording engineer believes it's a world-class system. That may be a bit to much praise, Perhaps when Tom Danley visits Orlando, he'll take me up on my offer to come and visit. Then he can tell you himself about how explosive, irrational, & illogical my temperment is. He could also then give you his honest opinion of my system (good or bad) as he sees it.

3) As far as those reviewers you keep mentioning I've already addressed the hypocrisy of a person like yourself who'll use reviews by reviewers using components you constantly ridicule as being flawed, because they don't mention hearing the collapsed soundstage I heard through the Behringer DSP8024. Speaking of being a hypocrite once again we find you're giving reasons why you don't need or want to hear my system, i.e.
a) I need to hear the anemic bass of the baffle step filter-less Aliante myself?
b)I need to hear monopole bass in room myself to see what modes are being excited? Why?
c) (You) know that they sound nothing like live music, irregardless of what magic nutrasweetened amp you connect to it.
d) Why would I want to hear that floppy little poly cone breakup and distorting lower end tweeter through the imagined 1st order network applied to 2nd order bandpass drivers?

Yet strangely enough at Christmas time you asked if you could come and hear my system. I know you'll come up with some lame false excuse as to why you did that, but the truth is you asked me if you could come and hear my system. I suppose this is just the backlash of my rejection of your visit.

4) Finally I suggest you take a look at many of the inmates systems here. If your path to audio nirvana via copious amount of digital EQ, multi mis-matched pro-solidtstate amps and a bastardized version of Orion speakers was truely the path to audio nirvana and not audio hell as I suggest it is, why aren't many more of your objectivist buddies, or the subjectivists here following your lead? Or do you believe ONLY YOU know what live music really sounds like and all these others mistaken?

Ta ta... Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Why They're Long! - thetubeguy1954 07:03:44 03/08/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.