Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Jeez, another long one

Tom you really need to condense your thoughts a bit to avoid these rambling diatribes that, while they do amuse me, make for a bit more arduous reading of your incoherence. I'll still get my laughs if you shorten thing up a bit, plus it would be easier on your keyboard.
That said, I would understand your dislike of Thorsten, since I'm sure he viewed your explosive tempered irrational illogical with amusement also. No need to explain that one to me. I knew that already.

TG54 - POLLYinFLA asks me are these 4 deaf guys maybe? They could be, they could have been paid to say that and it could be their honest assesment. I just know it's NOT for me.

Could be. But I saw no mention of the collapsed soundstage story you made up or imagined hearing looking at the Behringer, so I thought I would point them out.

TG54 - POLLYinFLA states I should give the newer DEQ2496 a try. Might do wonders for them uncorrected baffle loss, monopole mode exciters ya got there. No POLLYinFLA I'll do without the low-end pro crap for now. As for my Aliantes until you've heard them yoursel(f) personally.

So you would rather do with the low-fi hi-end crap instead? I need to hear the anemic bass of the baffle step filter-less Aliante myself? I need to hear monopole bass in room myself to see what modes are being excited? Why? We both know that they sound nothing like live music, irregardless of what magic nutrasweetened amp you connect to it. Why would I want to hear that floppy little poly cone breakup and distorting lower end tweeter through the imagined 1st order network applied to 2nd order bandpass drivers? You don't think that your parroting statements about them sounding anything like live music are taken seriously by anyone with familiarity with live instruments do ya? Maybe someone who listens primarily to smooth jazz and Supertramp http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/5400.html then makes up stories about attending unamplified events. But not me :-).
I'm suggesting the DEQ for the anemic low end and a bit of smoothing. It can't fix the inherently flawed design itself, but it would help somewhat.

TG54 - We could remove the Mastersound name and put Behringer on it and the Mastersound would still sound incredible.

No, if you could not see it and was told you were listening to a Behringer, you would say it sounded terrible. We both know that.

TG54 - It's not the name on the outside bird-brain, it's the guts on the inside that makes it what it is.

Again, we both know that by far the biggest impact on sound for someone like you is the outside. The visual doesn't change the sound waves before your ear, but has a huge impact between your ear and brain. The emphasis on your.
Ok now, remember, deep breaths :-).

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.