Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Did you get your Clever Little Clock yet?

I just love it when people accuse me of not listening. That’s when I think all the audio meetings and presentations I went to, and all the times I went to someone else’s place to listen, or out to a retail shop to listen to whatever. I also think about all the time I spent listening to various recordings during prototype work on all the gear I designed and built. I also can reflect on all the time I spend in my Lab/office listening to music either for the sheer pleasure of it or while I am working on a project.
I can even think to my formal training in music, practicing and playing up to 12 hours a day and those ear training courses I got to take every semester. Are you aware of how much you really have to listen if you are playing music with other people? Trust me when I tell you that it gets pretty intense either when either you are reading music or doing improvisation and sometimes a bit of both. My minor was Tympani; which calls for the timpanist to change tuning on the fly. My teacher made me practice those intervals in a “quote” melody, which was without a key center and definitely atonal. I could only take an hour of that a day as it was just too morbid.

I am saving this post on my computer: and I will use it the next time someone decides that since I happen to design audio equipment and take electrical engineering seriously, that my only ability is to read a meter.

Morricrab: you and your ilk, are nothing more than arrogant fakers. I am not fooled, and neither are the thousands of others who left “high end” because of dysfunctional illiterates like yourself.
So answer the question: Do you have your Clever little clock yet? The magazine you write for endorses it, in fact it even gave it an award.
d.b.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Did you get your Clever Little Clock yet? - Dan Banquer 10:17:35 03/05/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.