Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: nonsense

Once again, I applaud your effort in making this program. It is possible that it will supplant linear subtraction in many cases, such as the setup that Walt Jung and I used to measure caps more than 20 years ago. However, I think that comparing wires will be difficult with this test, but that does not show that wires have no sonic difference between them. That has not been my experience, and since I don't make wires, I would prefer that all 'well engineered' wires sounded the same. It would save me a good deal of time and effort, in making my products.
The bottom line is the resolvability of the AD-DA converters and their attendant circuitry, which seems to remove too much low level information, and this would not necessarily be made audible by cancelling out the main signal. It would seem to me that you are looking at differences residing at the 1 or 2 bit level in many cases.
Perhaps I am wrong. What differences have you found between common components with this test?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: nonsense - john curl 23:03:15 03/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.