Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

That's Only Your Mistaken Opinion Pat

This is just another classic Pat D-Cake Audio Politican post. You started by saying I used an "inappropriate term" yet when I showed you admitted was appropriate you neither admit it was or dispute it like you originally did. So proving to you, you were wrong on that count was about 25% of the post. However you now want to totally ignore this part of the post because you were proved incorrect. Thus in your typical mis-direction tatics you act as if whether or not I can hear differences is what we were discussing, when the reality is we were talking about your lack of use of ABX/DBTs when purchasing audio components. However it's quite typical of you to mis-direct and then run and hide when proven incorrect.

Next I addressed your false comment that I was stating a deliberate falsehood, when I said (ABX) devices are reserved only for people who don't agree with (YOUR) audio world-view! Then I further stated I've never seen an objectivist suggest another objectivist take a DBT, to which you commented you thought that was totally tendentious and irrelevant remark. Yet like with the topic above you totally ignore that part of the post and mis-direct once agin by pretending my hearing abilities was the main topic of discussion, which you know it wasn't!

You also totally ignore that I said I love Pat D's and the typical objectivist POV, don't you? In a nutshell the typical objectivist here believes in POV that cannot be proven true. Thus they sit on their behinds insisting they are correct (all the while knowing their POV is unproveable) and demand subjectivists do all their work for them and prove the subjectivist POV is correct. You got to love these objectivist for their laziness.

This is a typical, non-information, mis-direction Pat D-Cake post. You want to take a post that was about whether or not YOU, Pat D-Cake used ABX or DBT's to select your personal components and twist it into a post supposedly about whether or not I can hear differences in wires. As I stated before, at one time I would have liked to have shown you and provide the proof you asked for. Back then I quite nicely offered to prove it to you personally. You however chose to decline my offers, so move on and admit the truth is actually that you did not avail yourself of the opportunity to see if I could or couldn't hear what I state I can hear. You have no proof because you didn't wish to have it, period.

In addition until you decide to purchase your audio components sans listening to them first, you can take your ABX/DBTs and their virtues you espouse somewhere else to someone else who doesn't know how questionable they really are. So Pat D-Cake until you personally can...

1) Prove the ABX/DBT you propose is qualified as able to to test what it's intended to be tested.

2) Prove the ABX/DBT you propose is shown as able to consistently and reliably resolve the relevant data, so false positives and failures due to insufficient resolving ability are kept to a minimum.

3) Provide detailed, documented proof that these beliefs are truly scientifically supported. You make claims of the proof DBTs have provided over the years with a great fanfare, which in turn places the burden on you to provide prove of these claims.

4) Provide a peer reviewed published studies that prove your assertions are correct. Unfortunately it appears that after years of the Objectivist/Subjectivist debate going back and forth you cannot provide the proof they always claim exists.

Until you can satisfy 1-4 above don't waste your breath and my time talking about your Voodooscience ABX box. For in light of the lack of such proof I've asked for from you who espouse the impeccable virtues of ABX/DBT and make extragavant claims about it in the name of science. I'm afraid you've sadly revealed as being practicer of voodooscience or psuedoscience. In the end you're only stating your subjective opinions wrapped in scientific terms in an attempt fool the unknowing amongst us into believing they are actually being scientific. When what you're doings is actually no different than reading tea leaves in the bottom of a cup!

Play your mind games somewhere else, provide proof or shut up. The choice is yours.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.