Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: How would you define the posts AJ in FLA makes?

"Are you now excusing thetubeguy1954 terrible conduct on this board on account of AJ behaviour?"

Absolutely not: I'm pointing out that there is a lot of bad behavior on this Forum. Bad behavior coming from opposite "camps" doesn't cancel out: I think it is actually cummulative.

"You could say the same for many other posters, this board was supposed to be a forum for technical discussion that can be validated by meters or controlled listening tests. However it has not turned that way, the insecure have set up camp and as a result, most of the knowledgeable posters have either been banned or are staying away."

I HAVE said the same about many posters here. Where I may disagree with the implications of your assessment is that IMHO one of the worst offenders was Soundmind, who often had interesting things to discuss, but simply couldn't do it without resorting to insult and schoolyard bullying. The ease of acting the part of the donkey's rear end has no connection to type or breadth of knowledge of the poster, and certainly has nothing to do with being an insecure subjectivist or an insecure objectivist.

"I know you are joking :D"

Well, a bit. Actually, given the "debates" I continue to have with Geoff Kait, my statement simply points out how strongly I feel that even with extreme disagreement, as hobbyists who share a love of music, there really is no need for such rancor. Frankly, I've stopped learning from people here, and no longer find the squabbles fun in the least.

Cheers! I've got a beautiful recording of Ellington and Blanton waiting for me......;)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: How would you define the posts AJ in FLA makes? - robert young 04:57:09 02/28/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.