Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: "Why anyone gets up-tight over Brilliant Pebbles is beyond me"

"Even the DCS people themselves haven't been able to come up with a rationale of why ASRC might sound good. It's a technological black hole just like Brilliant Pebbles is a technological black hole. "

This is faulty logic, Geoff lumping your rocks in with what DCS is doing. They may not be totally clear about WHAT ASRC is doing but no one here would dispute that is indeed doing SOMETHING. With your rocks there is a dispute about whether they indeed DO something or not let alone what they do.

"Not to mention, for how phony Brilliant Pebbles might be, at least unlike ASRC, it hasn't really **hurt** sonics..... Nor has it set back the art of sound reproduction.

So if anything, DCS' upsampler technology may actually be **worse** than Brilliant Pebbles!!
"

Man you sure like to spin...sure your not a politician?

For the record, not everyone thinks ASRC actually makes the sound worse. Todd might but he is likely not the majority voice. I have heard a whole DCS stack on numerous occasions and it sounds pretty darn good to me. So, detrimental to the sound?? You have first hand proof of this by listening to a DCS stack with upsampling on and off? If poorly implemented maybe it is worse...with some recordings and better with others.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.