Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Who's talking about world views? We just want good evidence you can hear what you say you do.

"Pat D has previously admitted he does NOT use ABX or DBT's to select his personal components."

Is there some reason I should? If so, provide the reason. If not, why do you use the inappropriate term, "admitted," when the appropriate term would simply be "said"?

"Those devices are reserved only for people who don't agree with his audio world-view!"

A deliberate falsehood.

"I've never seen an objectivist suggest another objectivist take a DBT."

A totally tendentious and irrelevant remark.

"I love Pat D's and the typical objectivist POV, don't you? In a nutshell the typical objectivist here believes in POV that cannot be proven true. Thus they sit on their behinds insisting they are correct (all the while knowing their POV is unproveable) and demand subjectivists do all their work for them and prove the subjectivist POV is correct. You got to love these objectivist for their laziness."

You're the one talking of something so grand and vague as a "POV," and even bring up "audio world-view." Actually, I only ask for proof of doubtful claims, a much more modest undertaking. For example, you can either establish that you can hear the differences between various speaker cables and interconnects or fail to establish you can. There are methods for establishing what you can hear as you and Analog Scott both seem to know to some degree. If you don't want to use them, fine, but then it is legitimate to point out you have not proved you can actually hear some of the things you have claimed you can hear.

Thus, if someone claims they can hear the difference between a CD 'treated' with an Intelligent Chip and an identical CD not so treated, then we simply require good evidence before we will accept such a claim.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.