Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: "Why anyone gets up-tight over Brilliant Pebbles is beyond me"

Posted by Todd Krieger ( A ) on January 03, 2007 at 21:46:57

Bring some of these jars into Symphony Hall, place them on and around the stage, and see if the sound there improves.... [-;

Posted by Todd Krieger ( A ) on February 10, 2007 at 03:53:03

Whether it's personal confrontation, the discussion of Bose, the discussion of Magic Marbles, or the discussion of an "illegal" subject on a specific board, it gets moved there, so it won't dirty up the "normal" boards.

Posted by Todd Krieger ( A ) on February 09, 2007 at 10:33:48

Even the DCS people themselves haven't been able to come up with a rationale of why ASRC might sound good. It's a technological black hole just like Brilliant Pebbles is a technological black hole.

In fact, I brought this up because my very point is the while equating DCS' upsampler to Brilliant Pebbles may seem like a stretch to a lot of people, technologically speaking, I really think it isn't a stretch!! Expressly because the ASRC is also a "black hole" technology.

And since my equating DCS' upsampler to Brilliant Pebbles is perceived to be a stretch, that's where I think the ASRC comes a lot closer to being deceitful technology!!! For unlike Brilliant Pebbles, it has not raised flags with a lot of people in regard to possibly being "snake-oil" technology.

Not to mention, for how phony Brilliant Pebbles might be, at least unlike ASRC, it hasn't really **hurt** sonics..... Nor has it set back the art of sound reproduction.

So if anything, DCS' upsampler technology may actually be **worse** than Brilliant Pebbles!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.