Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

You make your point. (long)

Hi.

That is exactly what I said in my post above.

I've acquired quite a few reference CDs with stereo sound tracks recorded by same mics & digital recorders, most of them mastered in 16/44.1 & a couple in 24/96 but down-converted to 16/44.1, produced by the SAME music production lab. Being reference music CDs, there a complete list of equipment used in the digital recording, layout map of the music instruments & performers, & description of the recording process.

I can hear 24/96 is more than subtlely superior to 16/44.1 with these reference music CDs.

As a music lover, I won't give a rat ass to get to the bottom of WHY such higher-bit+extended-sampling-frequency format does improve the sound. I go for better sound that I can afford. DVD-audio is the answer for digital sound todate. I really wish Blu-ray audio will take over one day given the maturity of the marketplace in this new technology.

Like I always find Wendy's burger tastes better than McDonald's.
As a consumer, do I need to find out why it is so????

Wendy is not McDonald's despite theg both supply burgers. Do I have to summon the principle chefs of these two fastfood chains to cook a live demonstration on the SAME recepes in front of the world, to make sure which of the two chefs were the better cook?

I read some posts down below being so off-the-track that make me laugh.

The EDN paper does not impress me at all. It argued that there SHOULD not be aural difference using the century old cliche data, like our very limited 12.5KHz hi-cut auditory response, "a few mS" slow phase/time delay response, blah blah.

If our aural perception was merely defined by 12.5KHz hi-cut reponse & "a few mS" phase/time delay resulation, our technical revolution on audio electronics would be a redundant waste.

Where are you guys common sense & logics?

What we don't understand how our brain interpretes music today doesn't not stop us from believing what we perceive now. Time will tell. Who needs those so called engineer's papers cast their vote on our hearing on hollow arguments.

Even the Times magazine last month published a report of the latest survey on re-mapping our brain. Time changes our understanding.

c-J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.