Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Nice analogy!

"The majority of consumers accept fast food too! So what? "

That's why fast food restaurant proliferate - and that's why lofi abounds. That's reality. Offering better food and better audio reproduction at price points consumers are willing to afford will reap rewards.

"Down with quality resturants?"

Often when dining in "fine" restaurants I find the menu impossible, the presentation ridiculus and the "taste" off putting. The fact that the restaurant is "fine" or expensive" isn't enough to make it preferable to "fast food". Though my favorite restaurants are on the more costly side the reality of the situation is that often I prefer less expensive restaurants to more expensive restaurants.

So it is with audio gear as well. Being expensive or more costly is not enough to make it preferable.

"Chefs are only hucksters trying to sell you atmosphere and subjective alterations of food?"

"Hucksters" is your word. Good Chef's are artistic craftsmen who desire to share culinary visions with the public.

Good audio designers are artistic craftsmen who desire to share their sonic perspectives with the public.

Give me rhythm or give me death!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Nice analogy! - Don T 08:00:34 02/13/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.