Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: This Could Be Caused By "Expectation Biases" No?

Ugly,

My post was mostly tongue-in-cheek! I'm a Subjectivist at heart. I hear differences when different 12AU7 tubes or different interconnects etc are used in my amp. When I repeated that here in the Prop Head Plaza I was told by some others here that because I saw the different 12AU7 tube or interconnect etc being installed I was fooling myself into imagining I heard a difference. Or in other words in reality I most likely imagined I heard a difference when I saw the different tube or interconnect etc being installed because I expected to hear a difference therefore I was biased towards hearing a difference.

So I questioned why these same proponents of "expectation bias" didn't say the same thing about you seeing the clipping lights come on! That's why I suggested that if you saw the amp clipping, like I saw the different 12AU7 tubes or interconnects. Isn't it also quite possible that it's only because you can actually see the amp clipping that now your expectation biases are "fooling" you into believing you are hearing the differences?

You don't need to provide me with one ounce of proof. You say you can hear your amp clipping? So be it! It doesn't effect my listening enjoyment one way or the other. I honestly believe you can hear your amp clipping. I'm sorry if I seemed to be questioning you or your integrity. That wasn't what I intended.

Hoping You Are Enjoying Your Music....

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.