Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: I sure as hell don't

"What is this, scare stories? On stage, we pushed bass levels of approximately 130dB."

And you seriously expect people to seek out, carefully audition, and buy your electronics on the sole recommendation that you say it sounds better after having exposed yourself to this kind of abuse repeatedly and with nothing more concrete to back your claims up?

You who claim to hear the difference between one wire and another, the difference between one capacitor and another, and other differences so small that often the best electronic test equipment in the world can't measure it, now tell me that you can't hear amplifier clipping? I needed a good laugh to start off my day, thanks.

BTW, you call warnings of exposure to 130 db scare tactics? Don't put that on me, read the countless reports and warnings of audiologists and other medical practicioners. They are all over the internet a few mouse clicks away. Anyone who would take your word for it on this one would put a lot more at risk than just money thrown out to buy unnecessarily expensive electroncs. And unlike you...those doctors do have facts and hard data to back them up...lots of it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.