Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Wrong as usual Morricab

"The key to reproducing what the concert hall does is duplicating hundreds of reflections resulting from each note arriving at you uniformly from many different directions in rapid succession over a period of a second, two seconds, or more where the high overtones die out nearly twice as fast as the lower and mid range tones"

Yes this is why low level resolution is of the utmost importance because each successive reflection from a single event gets lower and lower in level, especially in higher frequencies which provide more spatial clues.

In addition, it requires an electronics chain that will not smear the time information of that low level signal. As you noted implicitly it is not just frequency repsonse but timing and low level resolution.

"I have one such system. It is extremely difficult to set up, calibrate, and operate properly especially with different recordings. ... but you will get the right musical tone of the instruments at least."

I simply don't believe you sounndmind. I don't think your system will do a credible job, not with the speakers you have and not with the electronic you are using. I can't put it any plainer than this. As to instrument tone, my system sounds very right to me, my fellow audiophiles and my girlfriend and her musician friends all seem to think so as well. Since I can't get to hear yours nor you mine then I guess we will have just not believe each other.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.