Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Naw, SM, I didn't say what they were good for.

"That's the issue. Engineers don't guess. They don't hypothesize"

That about sums you up. No intuition, no imagination. Its no wonder you can't hear a difference you are set in stone. Just an old fossil someone will dig up in a million years.

It is also no wonder that you cannot understand the changes around you where creative engineers decided to look back on old technology to see if there was something important there that they had missed before. You know what?? They did find something!! Quite a lot actually.

It is quite often in science that people go back over old theories, some forgotten and discover a new relevance to the theory (Einstein's cosmological constant is a good example). It is insulting that you think a very large group of people are delusional and somehow you are the one who isn't! These are EXPERIENCED listeners who are disagreeing with you. Of course trying to penetrate a lifetime of unimaginative, unintuitive, calcified thoughts seems to be impossible.

I don't think you have listened to modern tube gear with an open ear. Your preconeived notions completely forbid a shift in the paradigm of your thinking. No one here claims perfection. They would be foolish to do so. But your inability to even grant some of the obvious advantages to the sound of top tube gear tells me either you haven't really heard it or you heard it but your brain won't allow you to admit even the obvious.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Naw, SM, I didn't say what they were good for. - morricab 03:17:20 08/22/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.