Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

A subjective perspective.

That's interesting, I now use a preamp with Zero feedback and I hear exactly the opposite. The dense orchestral passages have better dimensionality, and much more tonal texture, one which is consonantly truer to the sound of a real instrument. I hear no unusual noises, and if anything, s/n ratios seem to have increased over the previous designs which used feeback. That, because of circuit topology changes, is not a true and valid comparison for use or non use of feedback..
That being said I do use an amp which employs feedback, so no technology seems to have a stranglehold on good sound (at least to my taste, speaking subjectively).
One of the most vexing problems I have in assessing sound is trying to find a decent transducer: one which is phase and time aligned. I believe too much wasted time and space are spent trying to correct the problems of the transducers. If we did have a time and phase correct transducer with adequate FR, maybe amplifier and cable designs will converge. It sure would make life easier.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • A subjective perspective. - unclestu52 13:27:12 08/21/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.