Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You are dead wrong....again& again & again

maybe he doesn't show up in the States because of people like you?
Nope, no trolling here, only technical articles that show up in fact what I am discussing IS an issue. Prove to me otherwise, Dan? At this moment you are the only troll here by harrssing me with no counterproof. As usual no proof from you, just unkind words.

First you claim that work by Cheever is bunk, then Boyk is bunk, and now Ottala as well? Why is that everytime I find a paper tht is published showing that there is something about feedback that is not working as engineers want believe it works you say its bunk. Who has the agenda here, Dan??

The work in the Ottala papers appears to be quite sound and indeed shows there is a really and most likely audible effect to the back EMF with high feedback circuits. Prove that what he wrote about IIM is incorrect and that what he measured was due to some other effect. His experiments show clearly that feeding signal backwards into an amplifiers output stage will give problems as this signal makes its way to the input via. the feedback loop. With some circuit output types the effect was quite pronounced.

Prove it otherwise or accept it as a fact that feedback isn't perfect and can in fact lead to a detrimental sound quality situation with conditions that are likely met by lots of commercial amps. The proposal shouldn't be so surprising to you afterall, unless of course you didn't think it was possible for the back EMF to go through the feedback loop to be reamplified?

BTW, I am still waiting for your explanation regarding damping factor vs frequency response and the concurrent rise in THD vs. Frequency. What, if any, are the sonic consequences?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.