Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Headroom - followup

Mark,

The clip light on the unit is on...and it IS clip light, not a level light. And on this unit these inputs are NOT adjustable, via hardware or software. Any consumer line-level device I've hooked it up to--two phono stages and a CD player--causes it to clip on medium to loud passages. The guy at the dealer I bought it from (a music store called Buckdancer's Choice) has been really great about everything, and he'll take it back I bet, but I haven't managed to convince him that it's broken; he just thinks I'm doing something wrong. But when there's no adjustment (the manual says so) and line-level devices are clipping on a line-level input, there must be something wrong, it seems to me.

There's an Edirol unit for a bit more money--the FA-66--that has everything I want (Mic and instrument inputs and a stereo line-level input), and all the inputs are adjustable. I may see if the dealer will order one for me and take the M-Audio unit back.

Thanks,
Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.