Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Amateur Recording in Home

I'm posting again, because I think that you are geting some really esoteric advice! Put simply from what you say, you want to record your kids playing piano, violin and cello.

If you want very high quality, yet don't want to break the bank, go for the minidisc and the Sony ECM907. If you get a matching minidisc recorder, there should be a mic input on the front on a minijack, which has "plug in powering", this will power up the microphone without the need for batteries. I would mount the microphone on a stand about 4ft off the ground and arange the kids around it about 6-8ft away, get a level on the minidisc and press record. For less than £300, I'm sure you will be more than delighted with the results, and you won't have to go to recording school for 6 months to learn how to use it.

I own the above kit (minidisc and ECM907) and I also own B&K's (now called DPA's) Schoeps, Sennheisers, Neumans, AKG's, Shures, DAT Machines and a whole host of other kit, so I feel I can honestly comment. Good luck with your purchase, whatever it may be, and good luck to your children with their music studies.

Regards

Roland

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.