Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Distortion Help

If you're a REAL magician, you'll be able to fix it just by putting a cloth over the computer, saying a few things that sound cool, and having a pretty and nearly naked babe pull it off. :)

But if you're a charletan and just playing tricks on people, there might be someone who has a "clipping remover" plug-in for their audio software.

Clipped audio waveforms look like their tops (and bottoms) have been cut off. The key to "fixing" them is to "round over" the flat part of the waveform. I've done this manually many times, but if you're looking at a large number of clipped waves, it really needs to be an automated process. I'm not familiar with any specific software which does that, but I bet it's out there. You should contact a few professionals who are likely to know about it. You're looking primarily for someone who is expert in Pro Tools or SoundForge or Cubase.

Re-recording another time is probably your best option, though. And, next time, PAY ATTENTION.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology, presented in the proper manner, is indistinguishable from magic."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Distortion Help - Inmate51 14:11:21 04/18/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.